Wednesday, 16 June 2010

He sings over us!

Yesterday, I was going through various situations that need to shift when I became aware of a piece of classical music playing in my head. It cut across my mood so directly, I supposed it might be God and asked what He meant. I recognised it then as Beethoven's fifth symphony: the piece of music they used on the radio to announce victory over the Nazis in the second world war (the first four notes sound like the morse code for 'V'). The Bible says the Father sings over us:

      The LORD your God in your midst, 
      The Mighty One, will save;
      He will rejoice over you with gladness,
      He will quiet you with His love,
      He will rejoice over you with singing.”
      Zephaniah 3:17

We need to join in with Heaven's song, and He is singing victory over us, because he has already secured the victory in Christ Jesus! Let us bind on earth what he has already bound in Heaven, and loose on earth what He has already loosed in Heaven. Your Kingdom come O Lord! On Earth as it is in Heaven!!