Monday, 23 April 2012

Littmus Lozenge

There's a story in the novel Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo of a man who invented the Littmus Lozenge. Littmus W. Block had experienced the trauma of civil war and decided he had to bring something sweet out of it all. So he built a sweet factory and invented the Littmus Lozenge. People who tasted the Littmus Lozenge appreciated the different flavours it produced, but there was another intangible flavour that everyone commented on: somehow it had the taste of sadness. Littmus had poured his experience into the lozenge.

I recently prayed for a lady who pioneers medical solutions for pain management and as I was praying for her the Littmus Lozenge jumped into my mind. The lady had begun to experience unusual pain almost as soon as she'd started researching a particular product. The pain wasn't fixed to one area, but would move to different body parts. When I told the pain to leave her back, it did, but then her knee began to hurt. Symptoms that move when you pray is a big clue that its a spirit you're dealing with. Spirits will normally try to come back to the house they leave (Matthew 12:43-44) so after the pain had gone I counselled the lady to be ready to command it to go if she felt it again.

So how do you put together this "word" about a Littmus Lozenge and an encounter with a spirit of pain? God is passionate about setting people free from pain and I realised He wanted to use this new medication not just to deal with physically rooted pain, but also to cast out spirits of pain. I encouraged the lady to pray over the plans and the products and release upon them the spiritual authority she was experiencing over the enemy. Sounds weird? Read this:


Now God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul, so that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out of them.
Acts 19:11-12

There's something else I understood from this plan to bless medication: God isn't limited by our spiritual/secular boxes.

Bill Johnson often says that God doesn't distinguish between the natural and the supernatural: to God its all natural. I agree with that wholeheartedly and it liberates us from the mindset that says a medical cure is somehow less spiritual. That mindset delays people from getting help and shuts down faith for medical miracles. Would there be more healings through hospitals if we perceived God was at work? This is important, because I reckon your average doctor probably lays hands on more sick people than Benny Hinn.

If you're reading this article today, I want you to take a moment to pray for all those in the medical profession in the UK, that they'd know the hand of God upon them as they minister.

Now its your turn: If you're experiencing pain right now, I command it to leave your body. Pain, be gone in Jesus name!

Do it yourself: speak to it.

Check it out with a doctor too. Jesus works through it all because He absolutely loves you and He doesn't want you to be in pain.

God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.
Acts 10.38