Genesis 24:62-64
In order to meditate, Isaac leaves Lahairoi, “the living one who sees me”, where Hagar met God. As he does he catches a fresh vision: of his future wife!
If we lack vision we must commune with the living one who sees: to meditate, to listen, or like Isaac to just walk with him. Isaac walked away from from his work, his home and previous visions to be with God. To hear clearly, we must be willing to clear our hearing. I'm not talking about being empty-headed, and I believe in meditating on specific words God has given, but if Abraham had've stuck with God's last word instead of His fresh word, Isaac wouldn't have lived. I'm talking about laying aside assumptions about what God should say or would say or did say, and just being with Him in the quiet.
There have to be moments daily; hours weekly; and whole days yearly to do just that. Meditation finds the Visionary. The Visionary opens our eyes to His provision.